Thursday, December 6, 2012

Noah's First Birthday

 

All the anxiety and stress I felt up to Noah's first birthday was pretty much a big waste of time.  Not saying that my emotions were not real or justifiable but for those of you who see yourself approaching your child's birthday and feeling the type of emotions I posted in my last blog then stop in your tracks right now.  Allow yourself to feel them but keep in the forefront of you mind that your child's day of birth is worthy of a celebration no matter where you are or what you are feeling and as that day comes to an end you will be filled full of pride and love and warm fuzzy feelings. :) 

I was worried about the fact that Noah can't eat cake on his own and I would miss out of the smash cake pictures and fun moments.  Boy was I wrong.  We made him a whip cream pie and Noah went to town getting it all over and loving every minute of it.  It was the highlight of the day for me and made me tear up just seeing him have his special moment. 

The other children around us who were playing and crawling and walking and talking and eating.....I LOVED IT!!!!!!!  I thought I would get sad seeing this since Noah isn't there yet but in fact seeing other children's faces light up and having fun brought me so much joy and happiness.  I love these little people and each one of them have a special place in my heart so seeing them having fun at Noah's birthday was just wonderful. 

I worried about his milestones and how an entire year has gone by and he is only at a stage where I prayed every day he would surpass.  Well...let me just tell you...as I was putting together pictures of his first year into one ginormous folder on my desktop I realized how seriously far he had come.  You see, I get to see him every single day so I didn't notice or realize all the tiny things he accomplished almost daily.  Where my memory lacked my snapaholic momma pictures brought to life how hard Noah has worked and how many milestones he has accomplished.  I just giggled going over each memory and thought to myself...."Oh my!  What will I get to see and how many moments can I capture in year two!" 

We are currently living an extremely busy lifestyle at the moment for which I will be blogging about in days to come.  I cannot wait to show you what Noah has been up to and post comparative pictures in all the areas he has improved on these last couple months. 

For now....I'm off to live my overflowing plate full of adventures, tests, tasks, and festive holiday shenanigans.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment